Thursday, March 26, 2009

One month left and the pressure is building

It is four weeks until I attend my first writers' conference. That means that I have four weeks to crank out and fine tune my writing. I know that I don't have to have a finished product. I know that I don't really have to have anything at that time. Conferences are about learning the craft and networking. It's the chance to listen to accomplished authors and what their path has been. It's the chance to talk with other new and aspiring authors, to share our knowledge and our fears.

I also know that this conference offers opportunities to pitch to literary agents and acquiring editors. There are also opportunities to read the first manuscript page to a panel (published author, editor, agent) and be critiqued. THAT is why I am really feeling the crunch. I want to take advantage of every possibility. I don't want to sit back and watch others get those face-to-face meetings while I'm sitting in the wings holding onto a partially finished manuscript.

I need to find more time to write. I need to make more time to write. As I've said previously, this is my year to write, to take advantage of opportunities, to experience everything that a writer can experience. And I don't want to miss out on anything.

1 comment:

septembermom said...

Good luck in this endeavor! You definitely have the passion and incentive to write. Somehow you will get it all done in time. You are committed to this task. Please share what happens at the conference :)