I hate waiting. I've never been the most patient person. I want instant gratification, and immediate response. But in the writing world, forget it.
I've entered some of my writing into contests recently, and the waiting is going to kill me. One of the contests had a deadline in February, but the feedback won't come until November. NOVEMBER!! I know, I know. Patience. And the feedback will be worth it (it will, won't it??). But will the feedback be too late by then? Will I keep writing the way I'm writing now, only to find out at the end of this year that I am writing muck?
I guess that's why I need to find a reliable critique group, a place where I will receive immediate feedback. Face. To. Face.
Hmmmm, maybe I can wait until November.



2 comments:
Waiting for news can be so difficult. The time just seems to drag. Congratulate yourself for participating! Just think of how your writing is reaching the contest judges. It is making an impression, an impact. Your voice is being heard! I hope November comes soon for you too :)
Thank you. That's the big thing: getting my voice heard, getting in front of judges. And until November, there is always plenty of writing to keep my mind off of that wait.
Post a Comment