I am now a board member of a local writing organization, the group that has held various events I've attended. I spent last Friday with the President and Past-President meeting with bankers and insurance agents to get everything set up with my name, to see how the organization works. There is still much to learn about the group and about my duties for the next two years, but this is a wonderful opportunity to volunteer my time to an organization that has already shared so much with me.
Tomorrow I will be meeting with the person who has temporarily been filling this post since October. I'll get a basic understanding of the processes, and more will be taught in future sessions. Things are very busy at this time of year as the annual conference rapidly approaches, but the excitement is contagious and I am ready to jump right in and do what I can.
This is turning out to be a wonderful year already. Now if only I had more time to write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment